Thursday, April 19, 2012

Overate? Push the Reset Button

On my 4th day on Maintenance, I joined some friends to try a restaurant in Quezon City.  We were a group of 4 who were lucky to find the restaurant still ready to serve us at 9:30 p.m.  We scanned through the menu and Roman decides we should sample their Seafood and Meat Platter.  He looks at us and asks, "do we get the platter for 3 to 4 persons or the 5 to 6?".  Just graduating from Cohen, I stare at him in protest and he agrees to order the smaller platter but with an order of Crispy Pata.  So here is what happened when the Crispy Pata arrived


That was "kilig to the bones" and "finger lickin' good"!  And then the following morning, all that "kilig" registered on the weighing scale.  A one pound gain for a couple of Crispies!!!  I felt horrible.  I also felt scared.  I kept thinking, "what if all that weight starts coming back?"  Oh no!!!

Fear, fear, fear!!!  But here's the thing.  All I had to do was push the reset button.  The what?  The reset button.  This is what I mean...

After Cohen, you are more conscious about your food choices and food intake.  You will avoid fat, carbs and sweets by choice.  When you must eat the "bad" food, you schedule its intake.  Like if I were to have chocolates, I would eat it within an hour of having my carbs and veggies.   Also, I would limit my chocolates to just twice a week and most importantly, my serving of chocolate will be limited to just 50 grams or a small bar of chocolate.  But at times, you will want to indulge like I did with the Crispy Pata.  So this is what I do when I over indulge...

The very next day, I simply follow the Eating Plan for a day or two and voila!  The weigh gain is GONE!!!  Amazing and magical!

So now, I don't have to be the bore who eats only salad greens in a restaurant.  Now I can eat with confidence and truly enjoy a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment