Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy Birthday, Babe! Let's eat out!

Yesterday was J's birthday and we thought it was time to explore a new restaurant.  My brother, Tonyboy, has been raving about this new French restaurant at the Fort.  Since J loves European cuisine, I decided we'd check out La Girolle.

I called to make a reservation but more importantly, I had to make sure I could order something for myself.  I googled the restaurant and found their contact information.  Thankfully, nobody was answering the landline numbers of the restaurant so I decided to call the mobile number.  Lo and behold, it was the personal mobile number of the chef!  So I immediately asked if he was familiar with the Cohen diet.  He said he had a vague idea.  So I explained to him the basics and he said that I would have no problem at all choosing from his menu.

When we got to the restaurant, I explained to the food server that I had a special diet and that I had already talked to Chef Ian about it over the phone earlier.  She seemed to expect me because she was totally not surprised when I rattled off my meal requirements:

"Miss, I will order your Sous Vide Sirloin BUT I only want 120 grams of it.  Please just cook it with salt and pepper.  No sauces.  And then I'll have a side salad, no carrots, dressing on the side.  And please just give me a vinagrette.  For my drink, do you have Diet 7-Up or Sprite?"  The food server said they only carried Coke Zero and Coke Light.  This is quite common.  Not many restaurants carry Diet Uncolas.  So I decided, since it was a special occasion..."Miss, do you carry sparkling water?  I'll have a San Pellegrino."

Meanwhile, J was scanning the menu for something nice to order.  A few minutes later, she says she wants the same thing I ordered but not the Cohen version.  Since it was suggested in a blog to try the 4-course or 3-course meal, I told J to take the set meal.  So she ordered the Foie Gras, Sous Vide Sirloin, and Cheesecake with a glass of red.

So here is what we got:


Ok, you guess who got what but this I have to say:  MY SOUS VIDE SIRLOIN was the best tasting piece of meat!!!  J says the cheesecake made her want to marry the chef.

You gotta try this place.  For reservations, call (02)478-4119.  If no one picks up the phone, just google for the chef's mobile number.  He's actually a very nice guy.

La Girolle
2nd Floor Blue Sapphire Building
30th Street, 2nd Avenue
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Chef Amando Ian Padilla

No comments:

Post a Comment