Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How do you keep deviation-free?

This seems to be the most common question amongst Cohenites.  I must say, I have been deviation-free since Day 1.  Even J is amazed.

First thing that keeps me going is the cost of this diet.  I've tried all diets:  Herbalife, SlimFast, South Beach Diet, Cabbage Soup Diet, Master Cleanse.  Unlike all these diets, the entry and maintenance cost to this one is steep.  Not only do you pay a huge sum upfront, you have to pay for your monthly blood extractions; and your meal ingredients aren't cheap.  And unlike South Beach, you don't get food delivered to your doorsteps.  You have to cook your meals yourself to ensure that the food allowances are strictly followed. Fortunately, if you have a BPI credit card, you can pay your entry fee in 6 installments (or was it 3?).

But the beauty of this diet is that you see results quickly.  In a week's time, people start noticing your face shrinking (**blush, blush**).  In 3 weeks, you're amazed at how well your clothes fit.  In a month's time, all your pants won't hold up!  On your 5th week, all your belts need an additional hole!!!  Getting results such as these just keeps you on track!

The funniest thing is when people start telling you that you're losing too much weight!  Hahaha.

So what tricks do I have to keep me on track?

1.  I always carry Orbits.  When I feel the urge to munch, I just pop a gum into my mouth; and this is something my dentist, Dr. Bubut Vasquez, recommends for good oral hygiene.  Win-Win!


 2.  Keep your Cohen-approved snacks and soda in stock.  Notice that not too many restaurants stock up on Diet 7-up or Diet Sprite.  They don't think enough people drink the un-Colas!  It would be a good idea to have this as baon when you're out.




3.  Always keep busy.  I noticed that the weekends are the toughest because you're just idle and you just want to munch all day.  To keep busy, I plan the menu for the coming week and then start preparing some dishes that can I can freeze and defrost during the week.  Time saver and stress reducer!!!


Important tip:  When you preparing the your frozen dishes, make sure to label the quantity of protein and vegetables in the dish.  Don't do what I just did below


Notice that I labeled the amount of vegetables that went into my patties but I forgot how much chicken went with it.  Yikes!

4.  And finally, the strongest motivation:  I don't want my tummy sticking out again when we have a photo






No comments:

Post a Comment