Monday, March 19, 2012

Eat more, lose more?!

Oh yeah!  My goal weight was 112 lbs.  I started refeeding at 111.8 lbs.  After  days of eating more, to the point of force-feeding, I am now 110.6 lbs!  Have you ever been on a diet like this?  It's truly amazing!

Unlike the first phase of the Cohen Diet, the Refeeding (RF) phase is a little more meticulous.  Let me explain first how the two phases of this diet works.

When you first enroll in this diet, the Cohen clinic draws your blood and after about 2 weeks, they call you back to give you and explain your EP.  Quite simply, your EP will tell you how much chicken, meat, or seafood you must eat per day in combination with a specific amount of vegetables.  The mantra of Cohen is "your food is your medicine".  This means that if the EP says you must eat 110 grams of meat, you have to stick to this allowance.  Don't deviate by eating 111 grams!

So coming from the market, the first thing I do when I get home is to bring out all my little containers and then cut up my meats into the proper allowances, then label each container with the precise quantity of meat or chicken.  This way, when I have to cook my meals, I simply pull out the required quantity.



In the Refeeding stage, Cohen gave me a new plan.  This new plan is good for 18 days.  In this plan, Cohen increased my food allowances for each day.  It even added a couple more choices of fruits and some bread.  Again, I should not deviate from this plan.  If the plan says eat 145 grams of chicken with 140 grams of vegetables and a serving of mango and 2 crackers, I must eat ALL of these.  Medyo nakakalula.  Actually, in my Pre-Cohen days, I could have probably eaten more (hahaha).

The first thing I must do when I wake up is to relieve my bladder and then weigh myself.  I have to weigh myself everyday at, more or less, the same hour of the day.  If I had not gained weight, then I proceed with the day's new meal allowances.  These new allowances are an additional 60-80 grams of proteins and vegetables.  So when previously I would just store 115 grams of meat, now I have to cut up an additional 30 grams.  That's, if I had not gained weight from the previous day.

The preparation is a little more laborious but the weight loss just continues.  I'm now wearing my "tight clothes" that are now really loose. Yesterday, feeling really good, I decided to wear skinny white jeans to work.  Mind you, I had a shirt tucked in pa!  So I enter the office and then my mom takes a look at me and says, "sobrang payat mo na. Panggit na yan".  Hahaha.  This is the very first time somebody described me as sobrang payat!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment