Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Really, no rice?

Nowadays whenever I bump into an old friend the first thing they say is "ang payat mo, ha".  Woopee!  I even got a Facebook comment this morning from my dear friend Lilibeth who saw a picture of me and said "you look so lean".  Oooh-la-lah!  "Bunny" and "lean" were never-ever combined in a sentence.  After all the flattery, the conversation veers towards, "how'd you do it?"  So  I tell them I'm on Cohen and then I give them a gist of what the diet is about.  I tell them it's not too difficult.  Just take time to organize your meals and ... you won't be eating rice for a while.  And then I get these violent reactions, "No rice?!"  Yes, dear, no rice.

I think I'm lucky that I don't really crave rice.  Pre-Cohen I could actually go on days without rice.  My dad is the complete opposite.  If he has a meal without rice, he calls that meal merienda.  Of course, I find out that dad is not alone.  My dear friend Joel will even eat his pancit with rice :)  Pinoys just need their rice.  For the true blooded Pinoys, here is my Shrimp Gambas with Faux Rice:


Shrimps
Chili peppers
Garlic
Cauliflower,  minced

Sautee shrimps in garlicand chili peppers.  When done, put in a plate then boil some water.  Once boiling put in the minced cauliflower.  When cauliflower is soft, strain and serve with you shrimp gambas.  !A comer!

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you cooking! So impressed. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete