Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wansoy, Cilantro and Corriander

I think wansoy, cilantro and corriander are one and the same thing.  Don't take my word for it.  All I know is that a lot of the yummy Cohen recipes call for cilantro.



When I started on Cohen, this herb/spice (are herbs and spices the same thing?) was one of the first things I got at the supermarket.  Of course when I first got introduced to this leaf, I had to ask the grocery clerk if the plant I picked was the right one because there was another one that looked just liked it called Kinchay.

After almost a month and a half of using corriander, I finally told my mom that I was having a hard time keeping this leaf fresh.  I would put it in the refrigerator and it would just wilt in a day or two.  Such a delicate herb.

Then Mom, my culinary guru, taught me a trick.  She said all I have to do is put my corriander in a container and fill it with water.  Then with a small plastic bag, cover the leaves and then keep in the refrigerator.



Totoo nga!  It lasted a week.  Once again, Mommy knows best!

No comments:

Post a Comment