Saturday, March 17, 2012

Exercise, exercise

I love to exercise.  I have always kept some kind of exercise routine.  Pre-Cohen I would play tennis twice a week and jog on off days.  Tennis, to me, is not just a way to fight the battle of the bulge, it's also a very good reason to meet up with friends.  I've been playing tennis with the same group of "early birds" for a couple of years now.  Tennis is my excuse to meet up with Joel (before he migrated), Sharon and Mike and then have a good breakfast at Apartment 1B.

On the off days, I jog around Salcedo and Legaspi Village.  I love Makati in the early morning when it's quiet and peaceful.  No cars, no people, no pollution.  Jogging gives me a sense of peace.  It is my "alone time".

But ever since Cohen, I had to stop working out.  Not that I wasn't allowed.  I am allowed but you see, on Cohen, my daily calorie intake is very minimal.  Last month, at one of J's family reunions, I went to dinner taking along my baon.  I happened to sit beside a doctor and we talked about my diet.  He made some computations and said that I was taking about 1400 calories a day.  He explained that our bodies burn 1800 calories without doing anything.  So imagine if I continued working out?  I'd be soooo hungry!  So I decided not to workout while on Cohen.  So until I'm really done with Cohen, my gear will just sit around waiting







No comments:

Post a Comment